STRATEGIC M&A SUPPORT
Major investment decisions are affected by many factors. Some of these are amenable to analysis and quantification; others are less tangible, requiring more subjective assessment. Scoville brings both rigorous analytics and extensive experience to the deal process.
When assessing a potential investment in a commodities trading company or an asset acquisition, you need to develop an understanding of the target’s commercial platform. Scoville works to rigorously identify and analyze the market factors that have affected historical performance and to formulate a credible view on future performance.
We know what questions to ask and data to obtain to ensure transparency of trading books as well as to assess the quality of core systems and key personnel. We identify potentially relevant technological and regulatory developments as well as likely changes in the competitive landscape. By the time we are through reviewing a potential target, you will know exactly what you are buying.
- Market analysis and asset performance forecasts.
- Hedge design and RFPs.
- Transaction support with lenders and dealers.
- Post-COD valuation and performance tracking.
PORTFOLIOS AND TRADING SHOPS
- Valuation and risk analysis.
- Identification of key market drivers.
- Historical performance analysis and future performance forecasts.
- Impact of competitive and regulatory landscape.
- Operational due diligence.